Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A copycat recipe that's really tasty!
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half
- Mix first 4 ingredients together and warm them in small pan until honey is thinned.
- Arrange 4 chicken breast halves skin-side up in a 9" square baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Bake uncovered at 400'F.
- about 35-40 minutes, basting pieces in the marinade without turning them, every 8-10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven, seal the dish in foil and let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Serves 4.
This is one heck of a neat recipe! Mighty simple to fix and very nice to the tastebuds! Served with Picnic Green Bean Salad by Princess Buttercup and Dancer's Homemade Flour Torts. Made a great meal. Thanks for posting a real winner, Barbara. Laudee C.
I added thyme, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the mix (I read another "boston market" recipe that included these ingredients). Everyone at the table loved the chicken!!! I had made two kinds, this and an italian marinade... no one touched the italian! This chicken browns very nicely! Delicious!
The recipe was pretty good but I added alot of stuff to it. I used chicken thighs loosened the skin and made a filling of butter, majorom, lime rind, fresh shallot, fresh garlic, pepper, 1 crushed chicken bouillon,brownsugar lemon pepper and neuf chatel (a light cream cheese). Once I filled the skin I make a marinade of lime zest, vegetable oil and all the other ingredients previously mentioned plus paprika for color. I baked it and it tasted just like boston market chicken. Also I put the oven on 400 with no cover for 20 minutes and added chicken broth (low sodium) to cook in until evaporated or close to.