Grilled Bourbon Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This bourbon chicken is like a few others but I like to grill chicken thighs and baste with some sauce. I then cut and transfer to the sauce. It is very much what the Chinese vendors in the mall serve.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, grilled whole then cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- Add chicken pieces to grill and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was great! It does not taste like your average restaurant bourbon chicken, but it is good. I used bourbon (Evan Williams, 10 year) and not the apple juice which is prob why mine didn't have the sweet coating. However, it was even better in my opinion. I chopped up the chicken before adding it to the sauce which turned out good. Served over homemade fried rice, soy sauce and some egg rolls. It is an absolute repeat recipe for my family. thank you!!!Reply