Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
- 6 -8 beets
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Tomato Zest soup
- sour cream
- Scrub well beets (DO NOT PEEL THEM) Put in large pot with 8 cups water.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer and cook until tender.
- (SAVE COOKING BEET WATER). When tender take slotted spoon and put beets immediately into cold water.
- Slip skins off with your hands.
- If you have a cuisinart, chop beets into tiny pieces.
- If no cuisinart, then you will have to chop the beets up by hand.
- Put chopped beets into pot, add fresh dill, chopped, 1 can Campbell's Tomato Zest soup (undiluted) and 6 cups of the cooking beet water.
- If you want a thinner borscht use a little more of the beet water.
- Stir well.
- Serve with 1 tbsp. sour cream per individual serving.
- Add salt to your own taste. I don't use any salt. ENJOY!
I can't believe how rude Chef#234172 is! I looked at all her reviews and all she does is trash people's borscht recipes, without even having made them.. grrrrr....
Just wonderful. Tasted very much like my friends Polish mothers tasted. I cut some of the beets into slightly larger chunks. I also added 1 tsp of vinegar.
I guess that is how they cook in the restaurants I would not try it...sorry