Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
For growers of borage add flowers to herbal vinegar as a dye and for a slight cucumber flavour.This is wonderful on cucumber tea sandwiches.
- 1419.54 ml borage leaves (and flowers)
- 14.79 ml mint leaf (optional)
- 29.58 ml lemons
- 49.61 g package dry pectin
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- Soak 6 cups of borage leaves and mint leave if using and flowers parts in a 4 cups of cold water overnight, drain and strain, pressing the liquid out of the leaves and flowers gently.
- Measure 4 cups of the liquid, add the lemon juice, and pectin.
- Put into a deep jelly kettle and bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar and stir to mix well.
- Stir and boil hard for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture sheets from a wooden spoon, skim, pour into hot clean 1/2 pint jelly jars. Seal the a water bath accordingly.