Recipe by NormCooks
Deliver some BOOM BOOM flavor to your Burritos and Tacos. Throw a Taco Party for your kids and let them build their own Mexican Treat.
- 1 lb finely chopped chicken or 1 lb beef or 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmccormick's taco seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons green chili salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon badia fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 5 drops tropical pepper company green jalapeno sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook your meat, onions, celery, and peppers until browned. Drain the grease when done.
- Vegetarians can skip the meat and substitute more vegetables instead. Be sure to use Vegetarian Refried Beans if you do this.
- Stir in 2 Packages of McCormick Taco Seasoning and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in ALL remaining ingredients. The Jalapeno Sauce is optional.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, check the taste and season to your preference.
- Continue stirring and adjusting your seasoning if necessary. When it tastes the way you like it, you're done.
- Serve in Taco Shells, or Tortillas topped with sliced tomatoes, chopped lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole or whatever suits you. When your family and friends taste your Burritos, they'll be addressing you as Senor or Senorita.