Recipe by Pi-E
Tasty and easy recipe by Cooking Pleasure: "Five-spice powder paired with ginger and garlic gives this dish a great depth of flavor. The low-heat method results in a roast that is extremely moist and has less shrinkage. This rub works well on roast chicken, beef roast or even leg of lamb."
Top Review by sroberti
This was excellent. Unlike many other times I've cooked a pork loin roast this was absolutely tender and juicy. Cooking time was bang on and everyone in my picky family loved it!!
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic, ginger, five-spice powder and oil. Sprinkle salt over pork. Rub pork evenly with spice rub; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Place pork on a rack in roasting pan; bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F Bake an additional 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 F to 150°F.
- Remove pork from oven, cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes.