Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tasty and easy recipe by Cooking Pleasure: "Five-spice powder paired with ginger and garlic gives this dish a great depth of flavor. The low-heat method results in a roast that is extremely moist and has less shrinkage. This rub works well on roast chicken, beef roast or even leg of lamb."
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic, ginger, five-spice powder and oil. Sprinkle salt over pork. Rub pork evenly with spice rub; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Place pork on a rack in roasting pan; bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F Bake an additional 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 F to 150°F.
- Remove pork from oven, cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
This was excellent. Unlike many other times I've cooked a pork loin roast this was absolutely tender and juicy. Cooking time was bang on and everyone in my picky family loved it!!