Chinese Five-Spice Powder
You can purchase this powder premade in the grocery store, but making your own makes for a better flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, toasted and ground
- Mix the spices together and store in an airtight jar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have a Chinese(Szechuan)peppercorn bush/shrub(very thorny)in my ornamental garden. This year it produced an abundance of the red peppercorns, so I dried some in my solar dehydrator and ground them with rock salt(Himalayan, Brazilian Sea Salt and Kosher). The flavor is fantastic and we use it in just about everything now. I even sprinkled some on my popcorn.2Reply
see 10 more