Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This served the two of us very nicely-the 1/2 breast weighed 8.2 oz. I made up the recipe myself! I prepared mashed potatoes and heated a small can of Franco-American turkey gravy to go with it. I also prepared a bag of cranberry sauce. I stock up on these during the holidays and freeze them
- Melt margarine in small pan, add onion and celery and saute lightly.
- Add margarine mixture to stuffing mix and stir.
- Add enough bouillion to make a moist mixture, blending well.
- Trim chicken piece of fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cut side up on flat surface and cover with stuffing mix.
- Place on low rack in baking pan and cook at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Baste occasionally with remaining bouillion.
Well, Hi there, Joan !! This made a very tasty impromptu dinner, with 1 large bs/sl breast and left-over pasta with broccoli ! Only subbed olive oil for the margarine, but followed the rest as posted. DH said this would be good again on a never-ending chicken night ! Thanks, for posting !
I tried it instead w/turkey & it was amazing -- thank you for the incredible recipe, as I need NEVER have the hassel of cooking an entire turkey again!