Recipe by Unsubscribe Me Now
This recipe is from a 28 oz can Progresso Tomato Puree. It is by far the BEST bolognese sauce I have ever tasted. It is zesty, robust and meaty; the way bolognese should be. Great lasagna filling as well. ENJOY!
Top Review by RuDee
Thank you for posting this! Now that Progresso has discontinued their puree I could not remember the recipe on the back of the can, glad I found it here and I now use either Hunts or Contadina puree. It makes a rich tasty spag. sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree (Progresso brand highly recommended)
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package vermicelli or 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-quart saucepan, brown beef, onion and garlic; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except pasta. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Serve sauce over pasta.