Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A tasty meal with beef and sauerkraut
Make and share this Boeuf Provencale recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g lean beef, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 small orange, zest of
- 1 small chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 black olives, without kernel
- Dice the beef. Heat butter and olive oil in a Dutch oven and fry the meat quickly till brown.
- warm the cognac slightly and pour over the meat, light the fumes and let burn till flames disappear. Add slightly heated red wine, bring to the boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, add red pepper powder reduce heat, add all spices, cover the meat and let simmer on low heat till the meat is tender (about 2 hours).
- Let olives simmer with the meat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with small round or diced cooked poatoes and sauerkraut, and a tomato salad.