Recipe by Chef Jodi Town
Sliced strawberries over protein-enriched cheesecake in a graham cracker crust. Boosts the protein content of this dessert, and produces a smooth texture and rich flavor. An Eating for Life recipe.
Top Review by ronandteri
Incorrect nutrition or not, this is VERY healthy compared to regular cheesecake and TASTES GREAT. Maybe different brands of crust come out with different numbers? Either way, I would rather have this than "real" cheesecake!!!!
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 12 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 ready crust reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon cottage cheese into blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add vanilla extract and Splenda; blend for about 15 more seconds.
- Add the softened cream cheese and blend for about 30 seconds, scraping down sides as needed. While blending, gradually add the egg substitute and continue to blend until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Pour cheese filling into Ready Crust and bake until set, about 35 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool for about 15 minutes. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prior to serving, in a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream and sugar substitute.
- Slice cheesecake into 8 portions, top with sliced strawberries and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!