The perfect massage bar for a special Valentine treat (or any time you need a little TLC)! These are rich and full of vitamin E. Cocoa butter and coconut oil can generally be found at nutrition stores; the decorative molds can be found at craft/hobby stores. And even though the chocolaty aroma of the cocoa butter is very strong, the peppermint, florals, and ylang-ylang give it a beautiful fragrance. Ylang-ylang may be hard to find, but by all means, try it - and remember, a little goes a looooonnnnng way! Also remember to store these in the refrigerator - coconut oil likes to melt easily, but it makes the bars silkier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup melted cocoa butter
- 8 vitamin E, capsules punched and contents squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 12 drops of your favorite floral essential oils (I like jasmine...)
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oils
- 5 drops of ylang-ylang essential oils (or more)
- 1Mix all ingredients, let cool slightly, and pour into decorative molds.
- 2(Molds do not need conditioning.) Store bars in the refrigerator.
- 3They are very"melty", so have a soap dish handy when you need to put down the bar.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Body Butter Bars
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: