Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 4 lbs lean stewing beef
- 14 1⁄2 fluid ounces beef broth
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 fluid ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- Brown meat in oil and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer over low heat, or cook in a crockpot on low setting, for 3 hours.
- Shred meat with fork; drain excess liquid.
- Serve on tortillas with cheese.
Delicious and tingley Miller!! but they did take a lot longer to cook than the recipe said!! Maybe my stew beef was tougher than yours, it took 3 hours on low and another 2 hours on high in the crockpot to reach the shredding point! so we had them for breaky this morning instead of yesterday. well worth the wait!! I wrapped them yesterday afternoon and froze all but 2 for this morning, heated them in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes, served them with salsa and boy were they good!!We'll be keeping some of these in the freezer all the time, thanks for making my first atempt at Mexican cooking a great success!!