Recipe by wife2abadge
I got this recipe from the newspaper several years ago. It is delish!
Top Review by manderson
Absolutely wonderful. I live in Africa and not as many ingredients are available, yet it's still nice to have a taste from home once in a while. Due to this I could only make the brownies but they were excellent. Thanks for sharing.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir cocoa powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Blend in 1/3 cup canola oil.
- Add boiling water and stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining canola oil until smooth.
- Add flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt and blend completely.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes (don't overbake!).
- For frosting, melt butter, milk, and chocolate chips together in a saucepan, then add vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread onto brownies.