1/1 Photo of Bob's Clam Hut Clam Chowder
1 hr 5 mins
If you have ever been to Bob's, you know your in for a real treat with this delicious chowder. Top with oyster crackers and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 5 cups clam juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups clams, minced
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1Combine potatoes, onion, celery, 1 cup of the clam juice, 1 cup water, thyme, butter, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste in stockpot or Dutch oven.
- 2Heat to boil, stirring often.
- 3Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- 4Stir in clams and cook for 5 minutes; add the remaining 4 cups of clam juice and cream to clam mixture.
- 5Heat to simmer, about 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- 6Serve with oyster crackers floating on top.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob's Clam Hut Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.3 mg
- Sodium 461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g