If you have ever been to Bob's, you know your in for a real treat with this delicious chowder. Top with oyster crackers and enjoy!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 5 cups clam juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups clams, minced
- 4 cups whipping cream
- Combine potatoes, onion, celery, 1 cup of the clam juice, 1 cup water, thyme, butter, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste in stockpot or Dutch oven.
- Heat to boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in clams and cook for 5 minutes; add the remaining 4 cups of clam juice and cream to clam mixture.
- Heat to simmer, about 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve with oyster crackers floating on top.