Recipe by Lennie
Another addition to Recipezaar from my celebrity recipe collection. Enjoy!
Top Review by Mirj
I made this as part of Worldwide Recipezaar Day! Great recipe! I grated the carrots with the steel knife in the food processor and then just threw in the remaining ingredients to get mixed in with the carrots. I added some cinnamon, and it was declared a success by everyone. There was just enough left for me to take to work for lunch the next day. Thanks Lennie!
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Place in greased 6-cup ring mold.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 45 minutes; unmold.
- Serve on platter with cooked green peas in center.
- Note: Bob Newhart's wife, Ginnie, comments,"I usually make 3 or 4 of these, one to use and others to freeze; my family love it.
- "Thering looks pretty with a green vegetable; great with poultry, beef or fish".