From Emeril Lagasse Emeril Live show, this has gotten great reviews! This is served at the Marley Cafe in Orlando, Florida. This is traditionally served with cucumber sauce and yucca fries(you can sub french fries). I have given the recipe for the sauce. Prep time includes marinating overnight. This is also popular in Florida.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 hot pepper, finely ground (or 2 Scotch bonnet peppers)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, dice 1/2-inch thick
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours
CUCUMBER DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cucumbers
- 3⁄4-1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt (or less to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Mix together onion, scallion, thyme, salt, sugar, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, hot pepper, black pepper, soy sauce, oil and vinegar. These ingredients can also be combined in a food processor.
- Skewer 2 1/2 ounces of chicken onto each skewer(about 4 pieces). Place the skewers in a shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the skewers onto a hot grill and grill until done, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- For the dipping sauce:.
- Peel and seed cucumbers and roughly chop. Add sour cream and mayonnaise. Add rest of ingredients and puree in a blender. Yield: about 1 1/2 quarts.