1/5 Photos of Bob Marley's Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers
10 hrs 15 mins
From Emeril Lagasse Emeril Live show, this has gotten great reviews! This is served at the Marley Cafe in Orlando, Florida. This is traditionally served with cucumber sauce and yucca fries(you can sub french fries). I have given the recipe for the sauce. Prep time includes marinating overnight. This is also popular in Florida.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 hot pepper, finely ground (or 2 Scotch bonnet peppers)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, dice 1/2-inch thick
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours
CUCUMBER DIPPING SAUCE
- 2Mix together onion, scallion, thyme, salt, sugar, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, hot pepper, black pepper, soy sauce, oil and vinegar. These ingredients can also be combined in a food processor.
- 3Skewer 2 1/2 ounces of chicken onto each skewer(about 4 pieces). Place the skewers in a shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- 4Place the skewers onto a hot grill and grill until done, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 5For the dipping sauce:.
- 6Peel and seed cucumbers and roughly chop. Add sour cream and mayonnaise. Add rest of ingredients and puree in a blender. Yield: about 1 1/2 quarts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob Marley's Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.2
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.1 mg
- Sodium 3621.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 52.3 g