Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great recipe to have on hand for fall with the fresh apples and cranberries.
- 3 large apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries and 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice.
- Toss to mix.
- Pile mixture into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, remaining 1/2 t. pumpking pie spice, brown sugar and oats.
- Mix well.
- Blend in the softened butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender when pierced with a sharp knife and topping is golden brown.
This is a yummy applel crisp! Loved the apple and cranberry combination and the topping is so good. I used Granny Smith apples and next time might add one more for a little more filling. To dress it up add ice cream and some warm caramel sauce. Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Recipe Tag Game.
This was fairly tasty. I used homemade pie filling and used 1/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup raisins. I plan on trying it with frozen chopped cranberries. Thanks for a tasty dessert
Just loved this -the crumble topping is addictive !! I used frozen cranberries and fresh apples - made a wonderful combo - made for Holiday Tag.