Recipe by SusieQusie
It's finally blueberry season in Texas. On June 10th, the 17th annual festival will be held in Nacogdoches. This recipe courtesy of the Texas Co-op Power magazine.
Top Review by BarbryT
Tender, moist, a delightful tea cake! EASY to make; fast to fix. I made this for work, with no prior prep, between 7 a.m. and leaving for work at about 8:20...and I do not wake up quickly or easily! Thanks, Susie. This is a hit. (I really wish we had half-ratings.)
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt together; set aside.
- Cream butter & gradually beat in sugar. Add egg & milk; beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients slowly & stir till just moist. Gently fold in blueberries. (batter will be very stiff).
- Spread batter in greased and floured 8" square pan.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping & bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Crumb topping: Mix brown sugar, flour & cinnamon. Cut in butter till it forms coarse crumbs (smaller than a pea).