1/1 Photo of Blueberry Streusel Muffins
These are wonderful and light. They almost have a cake like flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2Line muffin pans with paper liners or spray with a vegetable spray.
- 3In a small measuring cup mix together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Cut the butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- 6Remove 1 cup of the mixture and place in a small bowl to make a streusel topping later.
- 7Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- 8Add the milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- 9Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with the batter.
- 10For streusel topping: Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and drizzle over the reserved 1 cup of streusel topping.
- 11Mix together with a fork until it is crumbly and looks like coarse meal.
- 12Sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of the streusel over the top of each muffin.
- 13Place in the oven and bake until very lightly browned and firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 - 20 minutes.
- 14Place on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 158.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g