Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
from a Southern Living cookbook, you could use frozen blueberries for ths as well.do not thaw before using..I have found that putting a small amount of batter into paper lined cups and dropping a few berries in and then layering to the top with berries and batter makes a better muffin...!!
- 414.03 ml flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 13.55 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml grated lemon rind
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 36.97 ml flour
- 22.18 ml butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 14.79 ml flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl -- make well in center.
- combine egg, milk and oil, stir well.
- add to dry ingredients, just till moistened --
- combine blueberries, 1 tbls flour and 1 tbls sugar, toss gently to coat.
- fold into batter.
- spoon batter into 6 greased jumbo muffin cups, 2/3 rds full --
- combine 1/4 cup sugar, 2 1/2 tbls flour and cinnamon, cut in butter -- till crumbly --
- sprinkle over batter.
- bake at 400* for 20 minutes or golden.
- remove from pan to wire rack immediately.
These were nice muffins. I made 11 regular sized muffins, instead of the jumbos. The crunchy top and the lemon makes the blueberry taste pop. Instead of the zest, I did use 1/4 tsp of lemon oil. Thank you for posting!!