Recipe by grandma2969
from a Southern Living cookbook, you could use frozen blueberries for ths as well.do not thaw before using..I have found that putting a small amount of batter into paper lined cups and dropping a few berries in and then layering to the top with berries and batter makes a better muffin...!!
Top Review by Marz
These were nice muffins. I made 11 regular sized muffins, instead of the jumbos. The crunchy top and the lemon makes the blueberry taste pop. Instead of the zest, I did use 1/4 tsp of lemon oil. Thank you for posting!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl -- make well in center.
- combine egg, milk and oil, stir well.
- add to dry ingredients, just till moistened --
- combine blueberries, 1 tbls flour and 1 tbls sugar, toss gently to coat.
- fold into batter.
- spoon batter into 6 greased jumbo muffin cups, 2/3 rds full --
- combine 1/4 cup sugar, 2 1/2 tbls flour and cinnamon, cut in butter -- till crumbly --
- sprinkle over batter.
- bake at 400* for 20 minutes or golden.
- remove from pan to wire rack immediately.