Also from MSN saved here for safekeeping. I like the idea of ricotta in the pancakes. Seems interesting.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen-unthawed)
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Whisk ricotta, egg, egg white, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and place over medium heat until hot. Using a generous 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour the batter for 2 pancakes into the pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining oil, batter and berries, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.