1/3 Photos of Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes
Also from MSN saved here for safekeeping. I like the idea of ricotta in the pancakes. Seems interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen-unthawed)
- 1Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- 2Whisk ricotta, egg, egg white, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl until smooth.
- 3Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- 4Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and place over medium heat until hot. Using a generous 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour the batter for 2 pancakes into the pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes.
- 5Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining oil, batter and berries, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 259.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: