1/3 Photos of Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes
Also from MSN saved here for safekeeping. I like the idea of ricotta in the pancakes. Seems interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen-unthawed)
- 1Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- 2Whisk ricotta, egg, egg white, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl until smooth.
- 3Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- 4Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and place over medium heat until hot. Using a generous 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour the batter for 2 pancakes into the pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes.
- 5Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining oil, batter and berries, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 259.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: