Recipe by Sandylee
Emeril Legasse prepared delicious fruity breakfast treats on GMA today, including an over-the-top apple pancake you bake in the oven and blueberry-raspberry muffins with streusel topping. I have seen that his pancake recipe is posted here, but, these muffins were not.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- To make the topping, in a medium bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the melted butter. Add the buttermilk and lemon zest and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just to combine. (Batter will still be somewhat lumpy; do not overmix.) Gently fold in the blueberries and raspberries so the berries do not break open and pour into the prepared muffin tin. Crumble the streusel topping over the muffins and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on wire racks.