Recipe by LMillerRN
This tender cake is packed with sweet berries and crunchy nuts. From Cooking Light.
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, you may use frozen also
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 9-inch round springform pan with cooking spray, and dust the pan with 2 teaspoons flour.
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts. Add granulated sugar, stirring with a whisk. Add eggs; stir well. Stir in buttermilk and next 6 ingredients (buttermilk through baking soda); stir well. Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour, stirring just until blended (do not overstir). Stir in blueberries and pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.