Recipe by dicentra
From Yahoo group files. This recipe works equally as well with fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, let them thaw, saving the juices, before adding to the pot. This chutney thickens quite a bit upon cooling, so stop the cooking when it's thinner than you want for the final texture to be. Serving suggestions: Serve with curries, as a dip for chicken or pork satays or simply spooned on crusty bread.
- 6 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 1 jalapenos or 1 hot banana pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jars, lids and bands.
- In a large pot, combine peaches, blueberries, onion, ginger,jalapeno, garlic, brown sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 35 minutes or until onions are translucent and mixture is thickened to a thin jammy consistency.
- Ladle into prepared jars leaving a 1/2" headspace. Check for air bubbles
- and adjust headspace if needed.
- Process jars for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Adjust time according to your altitude.