1/1 Photo of Blueberry Pancakes Using Cake Flour
A recipe from Bon Appetit, Summer 2002. Different twist for batter using the cake flour. It makes a more crepe'like' pancake. Looks really pretty, very white. Cooking these in a very small round pan will give you perfectly round pancakes. My family loves these with jam! NurseDi's (On Zaar) Strawberry pancakes are still are top favourite, those are fluffy traditional pancakes. These ones are nice for a little variety.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cake flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (with the texture of these cakes it tastes better with all this sugar)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk (You can use a low fat milk and one cup whipping cream or half and half for a thicker batter. This el)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pints blueberries
- oil, to cook pancakes
- jam or maple syrup
- 1Note: These cook really beautifully with little oil in a non-stick pan. Easy to flip and don't make a gooey mess.
- 2Sift and whisk all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Whisk milk & eggs in separate bowl.
- 4Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients. (Try not to over-mix, just until blended).
- 5Mix in 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- 6Heat skillet and add oil to skillet, pour in 1/4 cup batter& sprinkle each pancake with 1 tbsp of blueberries.
- 7Cook until surface is bubbly and turn over until second side is browned.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pancakes Using Cake Flour
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 656.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g