How to Turn All-Purpose Flour Into Cake Flour
- Ready In:
- 1. Measure out the flour that you'll need for your recipe.
- 2. For every cup of flour you use, take out two tablespoons of flour and return it to the flour bin. Put the cup of flour (minus the two tablespoons) into a sifter set over a bowl.
- 3. Replace the two tablespoons of flour that you removed with two tablespoons of cornstarch.
- 4. Sift the flour and cornstarch together. Sift it again, and again and again. The cornstarch and flour need to be well incorporated and the flour aerated. Sift the flour and cornstarch mixture about five times.
- And now you have cake flour!