Recipe by grandma2969
Top Review by Kayl
This is a good recipe, I have the exact same one from my mom. The OP forgot to state that it also needs 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. I just melt the butter in the microwave and use lukewarm water from the tap. I also use almost 3 cups of blueberries for that extra flavor I love.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease bottom and 1/2" of sides of 8x8x4 loaf pan -- set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.Make a well in the center and set aside.
- Stir together butter and boiling water till melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, and orange juice.Stir in butter mixture, combine well.
- Add to dry ingredients.stirring just till moistened.fold in berries --
- Spoon batter into pan --
- Bake in 350* for 60 minutes.cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn out on rack to cool --
- Yield 16 slices.