Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from my mom, and I'm not sure I recall where she got it. The original recipe calls for cranberries, and it is lovely that way at the holidays. We are just terribly fond of blueberries, so I decided to post it accordingly. I hope you enjoy this breakfast treat :).
- 113.39 g fat free cream cheese
- 78.07 ml Smart Balance butter spread, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- 0 fat-free buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml oat flour
- 295.73 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- 59.14 ml walnuts, toasted (pecans also work)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bundt pan.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy, then add vanilla.
- Add eggs and egg substitute 1 at a time, then buttermilk.
- Combine dry ingredients, adding nuts and berries to coat well with flour.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until done.
This is a delicious cake, and is so easy to throw together! The only change I made was to use slivered almonds, as I had about 1/4 cup left from making granola yesterday. It's very similar in taste to a much higher in fat blueberry coffee cake that's a favourite, so I'm thrilled to have found it. Thanks, Smelly! Made for PRMR Tag.