Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I got this from my mom, and I'm not sure I recall where she got it. The original recipe calls for cranberries, and it is lovely that way at the holidays. We are just terribly fond of blueberries, so I decided to post it accordingly. I hope you enjoy this breakfast treat :).
Top Review by Katzen
This is a delicious cake, and is so easy to throw together! The only change I made was to use slivered almonds, as I had about 1/4 cup left from making granola yesterday. It's very similar in taste to a much higher in fat blueberry coffee cake that's a favourite, so I'm thrilled to have found it. Thanks, Smelly! Made for PRMR Tag.
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Smart Balance butter spread, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted (pecans also work)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bundt pan.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy, then add vanilla.
- Add eggs and egg substitute 1 at a time, then buttermilk.
- Combine dry ingredients, adding nuts and berries to coat well with flour.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until done.