Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this recipe from my good friend, who has a blueberry field. She, in turn, got it from the Blueberry Council. I have not personally tried the recipe, but with blueberry season just around the corner, it will certainly be on the "to do" list!!
Top Review by Bev I Am
This drink is so refreshing and light I wish I had made a pitcher full! I used the juice of one whole lime, used about 6 mint leaves and also used Sprite in place of the lemonade and club soda, otherwise made as directed. Next time I will know to make more ; ) Thank you so much, Abby Girl!
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup lemonade
- club soda, splash of
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1⁄2 ounce dark rum
- mint sprig, to garnish
- lime slice, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tall 16-ounce glass, muddle mint leaves, lime juice and sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the blueberries and mash until juicy.
- Fill the glass three-quarters with ice. Add lemonade until the glass is two-thirds full. Add splash of soda, light rum and remaining blueberries; stir.
- Slowly pour dark rum into the drink so it floats on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and slice of lime; serve immediately.