Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this recipe from my good friend, who has a blueberry field. She, in turn, got it from the Blueberry Council. I have not personally tried the recipe, but with blueberry season just around the corner, it will certainly be on the "to do" list!!
Top Review by Bev
This drink is so refreshing and light I wish I had made a pitcher full! I used the juice of one whole lime, used about 6 mint leaves and also used Sprite in place of the lemonade and club soda, otherwise made as directed. Next time I will know to make more ; ) Thank you so much, Abby Girl!
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup lemonade
- club soda, splash of
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1⁄2 ounce dark rum
- mint sprig, to garnish
- lime slice, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tall 16-ounce glass, muddle mint leaves, lime juice and sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the blueberries and mash until juicy.
- Fill the glass three-quarters with ice. Add lemonade until the glass is two-thirds full. Add splash of soda, light rum and remaining blueberries; stir.
- Slowly pour dark rum into the drink so it floats on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and slice of lime; serve immediately.