Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice refreshing drink for summer--we really like it. Cooking time does not include chill time.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Bring package of frozen blueberries and lemon juice to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to press out juice. Discard solids. Wipe saucepan clean.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in same saucepan;add 3 family size teabags, and let stand 5 minutes. Remove and discard teabags.
- Stir in 3/4 cup sugar and blueberry juice mixture. Pour into pitcher;cover and chill 1 hour. Serve over ice.
I am not a huge tea fan...but I love this fruity tea. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. It was really quick and easy to make with terrific results. I love that you can taste the blueberries, lemon and the tea. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will enjoy again.
So it's hot out there. Help is on its way. I'm bringing over some blueberry-lemon iced tea.
I'm not that fond of fruited iced tea, but this changed my mind! A little bit of work, but definitely worth it! This will go into my iced tea rotation at the very top. Thnx for posting FloridaGrl. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.