1/7 Photos of Blueberry Lemon Bread
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, Grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 loaf pan.
- 2Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl.
- 3Using electric mixer, cream butter with 1 cup sugar in large bowl until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Add lemon peel. Mix in dry ingredients alternatively with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 6Fold in blue berries.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 8Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, bring 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 10Pierce top of cake all over with toothpick. Pour hot lemon mixture over loaf in pan.
- 11Cool 30 minutes in pan on rack.
- 12Turn bread out of pan and cool completely on rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Lemon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1025 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2683.6
- Calories from Fat 771
- Total Fat 85.7 g
- Saturated Fat 50.0 g
- Cholesterol 572.2 mg
- Sodium 1164.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 452.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 290.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g