Recipe by Kathleen Constance
These yummy and moist muffins are full of fibre and have no oil! They are delicious with either fresh or frozen blueberries, but could be made with any moist fruit.
Top Review by Irish Rose
Nothing "white" in this healthy muffin, just fiber and good for you things. I followed your recipe exactly and used frozen blueberries. They only took about 20 minutes and slipped out of the muffin tin with no problem. I think the blueberries helped to keep them moist. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (or brown sugar Splenda, if preferred)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray muffin pan with oil spray. Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and set aside.
- Measure cereals into another bowl. Add the lemon juice to the milk to sour it and pour over the cereal. Add applesauce and lightly-beaten egg. Stir and pour over dry ingredients. Mix lightly.
- Add blueberries and stir just enough to distribute.
- Spoon into tins and bake for approximately 25 minutes.