Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a coffee cake recipe I got from my mother-in-law's recipe box.
Make and share this Blueberry-Crunch Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Mix together milk and vanilla extract; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Coat inside evenly with flour; tap out excess flour.
- Praline Crunch: In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Add butter; using a rubber spatula or your fingers, mash in butter until well blended.
- With fork, stir in chopped pecans.
- Cake: In large bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, beat together butter and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended.
- Continue to beat 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, alternately beat flour mixture (in fourths) and milk mixture (in thirds) into butter mixture until well blended.
- Spread two thirds of the batter in prepared pan; crumble 1/3 cup Praline Crunch evenly over batter.
- Scatter frozen blueberries evenly over top.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over berries (batter will just barely cover).
- Crumble remaining Praline Crunch evenly over top.
- Bake 65-70 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely in wire pan on wire rack.
- Remove sides and bottom of pan; place cake on platter, top side up.
- Dust top with confectioners' sugar.
I have been looking for this exact recipe for a very long time...I found it originally in the March, 2001 issue of McCall's magazine which is no longer in circulation. Thank you Lainey 6605 for posting this here! This is the BEST coffee cake recipe every using blueberries...when I make it, I double the praline crunch. Thank you again!