1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is a coffee cake recipe I got from my mother-in-law's recipe box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1Mix together milk and vanilla extract; set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Coat inside evenly with flour; tap out excess flour.
- 4Praline Crunch: In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- 5Add butter; using a rubber spatula or your fingers, mash in butter until well blended.
- 6With fork, stir in chopped pecans.
- 7Cake: In large bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, beat together butter and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 8Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended.
- 9Continue to beat 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- 10In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- 11With mixer on low speed, alternately beat flour mixture (in fourths) and milk mixture (in thirds) into butter mixture until well blended.
- 12Spread two thirds of the batter in prepared pan; crumble 1/3 cup Praline Crunch evenly over batter.
- 13Scatter frozen blueberries evenly over top.
- 14Carefully spread remaining batter over berries (batter will just barely cover).
- 15Crumble remaining Praline Crunch evenly over top.
- 16Bake 65-70 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 17Let cake cool completely in wire pan on wire rack.
- 18Remove sides and bottom of pan; place cake on platter, top side up.
- 19Dust top with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Crunch Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g