Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mommy's famous blueberry cake - best with wild Maine blueberries, if you can get them.
Make and share this Blueberry Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 or 7x11 pan.
- Mix sugar, shortening and egg thoroughly.
- Stir in milk.
- Blend dry ingredients.
- Carefully blend in blueberries.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Mix ingredients for topping and blend with pastry blender (or knife).
- Sprinkle cake with topping.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
Great crumb cake recipe. It was simply delicious. Made for Cooking Tag Mania 2013.
Everyone loved it! I didn't have milk but I had a little bit of heavy cream in the fidge, so I put a little heavy cream and water (more than the amount of milk in the recipe) and it worked great. I was surprised at how good it was with my substitution.