Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple dish using handy premade crepes. I have not made this before so times are approximate.
Make and share this Blueberry Crepes (Diabetic) recipe from Food.com.
- 12 crepes, ready made
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-calorie whipped topping
- Reserve crepes.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar replacement, salt, milk, lemon juice and vanilla in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened; remove from heat.
- Crush 1 cup of the blueberries and add to cream mixture.
- Return to heat, and cook and stir until thickened.
- Fold in remaining blueberries.
- Divide evenly between crepes, and fold or roll the crepes.
- Top each with heaping 1 tablespoon topping.
- Exchange 1 serving: 1/2 bread 1/2 fat.
My first treat since becoming diabetic. Very easy to make and satisfied my sweets craving. Made for May 2011 Diabetic Cooking Tag Game.
Simply wonderful------Wish i could give this more than 5 stars.