Awsome cobbler! Sometimes I like to make Black and Blueberry Cobbler as well, following this recipe. Just use half blackberries and half blueberries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups blueberries, washed and stemed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus some for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold shortening, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl combine the blueberries, juice and zest of 1 lemon, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3Stir gently to combine.
- 4Pour into a 2 quart oven safe baking dish and set aside.
- 5In a food processor combine the flour, salt, baking powder, the 3/4 c. sugar plus the 3 T. sugar, baking soda.
- 6Pulse to combine.
- 7Add the cold butter and shortening, pulse to combine, continuing to pulse until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 8Pour into a large bowl and in a thin stream add the buttermilk, stirring constantly until mixture just holds together.
- 9You may not need all the buttermilk.
- 10Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- 11Bake the blueberry mixture for 20 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven and increase the tempture to 425 degrees.
- 13Tear off 3 inch pieces of the dough and place on top of hot blueberry mixture.
- 14Sprinkle dough with sugar and bake until the dough is a medium golden brown, around 15 minutes.
- 15Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 16Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 558.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g