Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my mothers friends recipes. Very good... :)
Make and share this Blueberry Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (fresh is better than frozen)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan and stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2 quart glass casserole dish and keep mixture hot in oven.
- In a medium bowl, cut butter into flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot blueberry mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Excellent! I just purchased the biggest freshest blueberries ever! I did not put cinnamon in but a dash of nutmeg and a dash of allspice. I didn't have to keep the berry mixture hot in the oven because that was the last step I did. I did spray Pam on my glass dish. Habit I guess. I make many cobber recipes, this one rates to the top! Thanks for posting.