Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is easy to make, and, if you put it in the oven as you sit down to dinner, you'll have dessert( cooled even) ready by the time the dishes are done. If the blueberries are kept frozen, they won't "bleed" into the cobbler. I serve mine with peach ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups blueberries, NOT thawed, if frozen
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan and stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart glass casserole dish and keep mixture hot in oven.
- In a medium bowl, cut butter into flour, sugar, and baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk.
- Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot blueberry mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream.