Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My two favorite things in one muffin -- blueberry and citrus! This recipe comes from Jane and Michael Stern.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 375º. Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add blueberries and toss to coat with flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter with the yogurt, egg, grated orange rind, and extracts. Beat until well blended.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until the dry mixture is moistened.
- Divide batter into tins and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pans. Once completely cooled, dust the tops of the muffins with powdered sugar if desired.