Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a three layer frozen dessert on a stick. I got this recipe under the heading "Popsicles all grown up" out of the local paper it's by Krystina Castella. This is all very easy to throw together, but the freezing time is 10 hours. So it's a great make ahead dessert. The suggested moulds are silicone baking moulds or paper cups. Makes 6 - 8oz pops or 8 - 6 oz pops.
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 10 graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- wooden popsicle sticks
Alternate Strawberry Cheesecake Pops
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped, sliced
Alternate Chocolate Cheesecake Pop
- 10 chocolate cookies
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate shavings
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge sauce
- Blueberry Topping;.
- Combine the blueberries, water, cornstarch, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand to thicken.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until blended.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream and vanilla extract until the cream just starts to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and beat for 30 seconds
- Fold in the blueberries and set aside.
- Grind the graham crackers into crumbs in a food processor or blender.
- Add the sugar and process until combined.
- Pour into a bowl and add the butter and water, stirring until sticky.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Pour the topping into each mould until it is 1/4 full.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into each mould leaving 1/2 inch at the top of each mold for the crust,.
- Insert a stick into each mould.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- Press the crust into the pop mould (if the crust is not sticking add more water).
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let stand for 5 minutes before removing the pops from the moulds.
- For Strawberry Cheese Pops;.
- Replace the blueberries with sliced strawberries.
- For Chocolate Cheesecake Pops;,.
- Repalce the graham crackers with chocolate cookies and shaved chocolate.
- Repalce the blueberries with chocolate chips and chocolate fudge sauce.
I never get to use my Popsicle molds, but it was worth digging them out to try this! Mine ended up getting a bit more freezer time then 10 hours lol, but the kids REALLY loved them. The only qualm I had was... that with my molds the stick inside doesn't go all the way up, so the blueberry topping would just sort of 'pop off' at the top if you weren't careful... and it left a pretty nice stain on the kids shirts but that's not the recipes fault. Id really like to try this with cherry!