Recipe by Kohtzy
This is a fun recipe that we have used with blueberries or raspberries. A perfect start to a summer morning! :) Enjoy!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Zaar Cookbooks Tag. Excellent coffee cake and a real hit with the family. We all enjoyed this. I used half fresh blueberries and half fresh raspberries and it was very yummy! Thanks for posting this! I will definitely make this again.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease spuare pan, 9x9x2 inches, or round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches.
- Blend Flour, Sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and egg; beat 30 seconds. Carefully stir in blueberries.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with Crumb Topping.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with Glaze. Serve warm.
- Crumb Topping:.
- Mix all ingredients until crumbly.
- Mix all ingredients until drizzling consistency.