This blueberry loaf is made with whole wheat flour and yogurt for a healthier version.
Make and share this Blueberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Cream the butter and honey until smooth. Add eggs, beating well.
- Add the lemon zest, allspice and cinammon - mixing well.
- Add yogurt and mix.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Slowly beat into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries and nuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan @ 375* for 50-60 minutes.
With a few minor (to me anyway) I was very very pleased with this recipe. Because I'm diabetic I used a 1/3 cup non hydrogenated margarine for the butter, Splenda for the honey and added 1/4 cup of skim milk to replace the liquid and fat free yogurt along with 1/2 a cup of egg whites for the whole eggs. I love the way that it turned out :D. For it being made with whole wheat bread flour it has a very light texture in the inside and the crust has a flakiness that is very reminiscent of a good pie crust. The mild lemon is a classic with blueberries and it was a winner here. Made for Heart Healthy Tag--February 2010