Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This muffin was adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. The magazine said it came from the Cape Deli in Hyannis on Cape Cod. I added the bran to make them a bit healthier (LOL) but they are also very nice without it. With no bran the top crust gets really crunchy - must be the large amount of sugar! With bran they don't rise as much and are softer but they are still yummy.
- 473.18 ml white sugar (all work well, just a little different) or 473.18 ml golden brown sugar (all work well, just a little different) or 473.18 ml brown sugar (all work well, just a little different)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 631.69 ml flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88-473.18 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen, both work)
- 473.18 ml natural bran
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk, 1/2 of the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.
- Mix just until thoroughly blended.
- Gently mix in remaining flour (mixture will still be a bit lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries and bran.
- Fill muffin liners about 1/3 full and bake until golden brown about 25-30 minutes.