Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This muffin was adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. The magazine said it came from the Cape Deli in Hyannis on Cape Cod. I added the bran to make them a bit healthier (LOL) but they are also very nice without it. With no bran the top crust gets really crunchy - must be the large amount of sugar! With bran they don't rise as much and are softer but they are still yummy.
- 2 cups white sugar (all work well, just a little different) or 2 cups golden brown sugar (all work well, just a little different) or 2 cups brown sugar (all work well, just a little different)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, both work)
- 2 cups natural bran
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk, 1/2 of the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.
- Mix just until thoroughly blended.
- Gently mix in remaining flour (mixture will still be a bit lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries and bran.
- Fill muffin liners about 1/3 full and bake until golden brown about 25-30 minutes.