Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 mins
I adapted this recipe from The Philosopher's Diet by Richard Watson. The amount of whole-wheat flour may be cut in half, with the missing half being replaced by whole-barley, whole-rye, or whole-buckwheat flour. And of course, you can use whatever fruit you prefer, but I find that blueberries go very well with this muffin, along with some melted butter. This makes for a very dense muffin.
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Push the mix to one side of the bowl.
- On the other side of the bowl mix the egg and vegetable oil.
- Add yogurt and blueberries.
- Mix all ingredients only enough so that everything is damp.
- Spoon into greased 6-hole muffin tin.
- Bake at 425 for 20-24 minutes.