Recipe by Scandigirl
My blueberry muffin recipe, that is gone before I turn around if left on the counter. My husband adores it, and can easily eat 4-5, bless his heart! I experimented with this for low fat in 1994, and have made it since.
Top Review by Stephie Biggs
Great recipe! I used whole egg, half ww flour and no wheat germ. I also used vanilla like someone else suggested and added lemon juice, it just seems to go with this muffin. I topped a few with pecans. We all loved these! Thanks!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups bananas, mashed (or 5-6)
- 1⁄4 cup melted soft margarine
- 1 cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12 large muffin cups with Pam or use paper cups.
- Combine first 7 dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg whites, banana and melted margarine together until smooth.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.